Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm painting the Frames Black.....

I'm painting the frames black, I'm painting the frames BLACK!
(Sung like I'm painting the roses red in Alice in Wonderland) 
That is what I kept singing to myself as I was painting my picture frames black.  We repainted our living room a year ago and before painting the walls all the picture frames were taken down.  The pictures frames were in all sorts of shades of wood.  Oak, Cherry, bare- you name it.  So the procrastinator in me never put them back up because I wanted a uniform look with perhaps a different color here and there just to add a little interest.  So over the weekend I decided not to invest in new frames and use what I already had at home: I decided to paint the frames black and one or two will be painted white.  (My walls are painted golden retreiver from Benjamin Moore.)  It was fairly simple and took less than two hours.  I painted the frames with black acrylic paint which came out pretty dull and scraped off pretty easily so I sealed the paint with good ole mod podge.














Now on to more Christmas Spirit.  Here is a pic of some of my christmas decor.















I am going to attempt to make a banner with my cricut and gypsy.  I have already cut out some pieces and will work on putting it together throughout the week.  I think next week I may do a canvas painting/collage for christmas- I haven't decided what to do yet.  Maybe a wreath with circle pictures and buttons or Santa??


1 comment:

  1. D'oh! Why didn't I think of that...I need to paint my frams black. Here I have been planning to buy a bunch of different sizes painting is brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete