Monday, July 30, 2012

The Girl Loves To Dance!

My blog has been neglected- AGAIN! 
I have been creating a lot more than usual but since I am on a computer everyday at work when I get home- I don't want to look at it!  So the layouts are piling up just begging to be posted.
I decided to break out my layouts into themes and will be post them regularly :)

Today's Theme is:
Dance


I {Heart} Dance
 I took this photo at my daughters dance school during open house (it is the one time of the year we are allowed to sit in the classes and take pictures, after viewing their silly antics because we were there-I can see why they limit it to once a year)
The pattern paper is from MOXXIE, I bought it at an all weekend crop I attended this month (I had a blast and will be talking more about it in the next post)
Bling is from Kaisercrafts
I stickled the heart
Frame was made with my new Fancy Frames Cricut Cart! 
Labels were created with EK Success Labeler from the Smashbook line.  (I bought it for less than 10 bucks at Michael's with a coupon!)



Open House
This layout is on open house for Ballet.  I used Echo Parks Le Ballet Mini Line for the PP, stickers journaling card and borders. The brads are from basic grey & ric-rac trim from Maya Road. 



Lil Orphan Annie
This layout was also created with Echo Park's Le Ballet Mini-Line.  The Journaling/title block is from My Minds Eye.  This years theme for the Spring Recital was Broadway Blitz.
For my daughters Jazz class- they dance to a mixed medley of Annie songs.  It was a great show.  The girls hated the costume but I thought they looked so cute in them.


Happy Feet
This 2-pager was also put together using Echo Park's Le Ballet Mini-Line.  I cannot remember the manufacturer for the the little tap shoes and dancer dimensional stickers. The song they performed to was Dancin' Dan (Me & my shadow) 

Fancy Footwork

This layout was a page kit layout that I picked up last year at the Scrapbooking Expo in Somerset NJ.  The page kit came from Apron Strings.  I never buy pre-made/ design layouts.  I usually don't have any use for them- I really enjoy the design process of scrapbooking. 
I had it in my stash for over a year and decided to bring it with me on my weekend crop (Just in case I needed down time- I can just whip this together)  It didn't actually work out like that.  Although the design is premade, the papers are pre-cut, I can't tell you how many hours I spent putting this together.  It really looks awesome in person.  The crazy part  was I decided since I spent all that time putting it together- I am going to use it for my daughters ballet recital pictures.  It was scary how the colors on the paper dancer matched so well and the costumes looked so similar!

The moral to this story- don't underestimate a page layout kit!



Come back soon for more layout ideas.
Have a Great Week!
Lydia









No comments:

Post a Comment